Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Tree Gettin' 2008

Last year after the reunion a bunch of us went tree gettin'. We had so much fun, I think it might become tradition. This year we were in Soda for thanksgiving and so the "tree gettin'" party came to Wayan. We just drove up Gravel Creek and got trees for 4 families - Ed, Craig, Blake & us. They were so easy to get to this year without much snow. The snow on the ground had just fallen the night before. We had fun, but still wondering how much these trees are worth. Blake hit a rock on the way out to Wayan and I hear a new oil pan, catalytic converter, and muffler are on order. We are hoping Sharee doesn't go to jail for stealing - she headed down the road for a tree and found one already cut just waiting for her to load it. No idea if someone was coming back for it or not. Next year I am hiding the chainsaw until I approve our pick - Jim's tree is a little narrow, but we can make it beautiful. All in all it was a fun day. I need my brothers to come visit more often.




I don't know if Katie or Seth took this pix, but I thought it was pretty.

Sharee's loot!

Here are some of the cousins scouting out prospects.



Seth thought he could push his old mom into the snowbank ~ Not this year!

~ Jenna ~ Jade ~ Megan ~


Group pix - sure did miss our missionaries Logan & Jake this year.

3 comments:

gbpckrs said...

You're lucky to have such a fun tradition. Years ago when I was quite young, my grandparents lived on a farm and us and all the cousins would do the same thing. They are wonderful memories, too bad that my own kids won't have something like that!

jjstoor said...

Carol ~ you should bring your boys up to the ranch this winter and we'll take them for a sleigh ride. It would be a blast, well at least for us!

Laura said...

Jill, please e-mail me at mamanurse06@yahoo.com and tell me your e-mail address. We have decided to make our blog private and I would like to invite you. Thanks, Laura