Thursday, January 29, 2009

Basketball, Basketball, December is all about B-Ball!

O.K. - I know I have been missing in action from the blogging world, but my world revolves around Christmas and Basketball in December. I've posted some photos from December:

#1 A Cardinal Blackout - Mara and Seth are in there somewhere cheering for their friends on the undefeated Lady Cardinal Basketball team. Record is 20-0 and districts start Tuesday - guess who is in charge of the snack shack? Sr. class Pres. so you know where I'll be.




#2, #3, #4 - Seth in action: shooting a layup, foul shot, and moving the ball down the court. Mom's just a little proud of her ball player - It has been fun watching him and only 3 more weeks left - he is a starter on the J.V. team and wishing for the chance to move up to varsity for districts, but we'll have to wait and see.  He is doing a great job for the first year as  a guard.

#5 Megan cheering at the pep assembly for what else - basketball!

#6 This next one is of Megan singing the national anthem at the Energy Solutions Arena in Salt Lake. She was asked to sing before the Soda girls played an exhibition game. We were lucky enough to get to go to a Jazz game that night also.

#7 The gang on our way to the Jazz game - My brother Blake and his family came with us and we had a fantastic time trying Thai food - yes we did try the duck. Then we cheered the Jazz on, even though they lost.

#8 Mara and Katie making signs for the Jazz game in Office Depot. They even managed to get on the jumbotron and later that night on the postgame show. A great time was had by all.  #9  Shelby right in the center of things getting the rebound - here we go again, she just got the call last week for the 5th grade all-star team.  Now we will be chasing her around through March. 

It is a little crazy to schedule, but I love following the kids around - I figure I only get 8 more years of having them around, so I will be at everything I can.  It helps that I love to watch basketball.  

3 comments:

gbpckrs said...

Cute blog! You went to the ESA and didn't come by my house?!?! I hate it when I know people have been driving by and they don't stop and say HI!!!!!!!! Maybe some other time, Right?

Jim Stoor said...

I tried to get her to stop Carol, but you know Jill, once on the road, you just have to stay on the road

jjstoor said...

He is such a dork - not true! I don't think I'm the one that is always in a hurry to get home. We need to have another get together with all the roomies.