Monday, December 19, 2011

Phone call from Elder Stoor



I got to talk to my missionary!! 

Elder Stoor called from the Salt Lake airport last night.  I was hoping, but not sure if they called home or not - we got a call from an 801 # last night & I raced to the phone.  He sounds wonderful!  He is just to excited to get out there and get going.  He was looking for a calling card in the airport when some man asked what he was doing - he said  - why don't you just use my cell phone.  How awesome is that - I will never know who you are, but thank you for helping this momma feel better.    I even spoke to his companion for a minute.  I told him that his mom is my hero - I can't imagine sending two kids into the mission home on the same day.  

Megan came running out of her room 20 minutes later & Seth had called again - he bought the calling card after going through security.  I can't tell you how good he sounded - just excited and ready to go.  He is traveling with a group of 11 or 12 Elders and 2 Sisters.  They flew out of Salt Lake at 12:55 am - landed in Atlanta around 6:30 am - then on to DC around 9:00 am.  

Before I could even finish this blog - I got another phone call at work!  No, not from Elder Stoor this time, but from President Matsumori.  It was wonderful  - he seems like an awesome man.  Called just to tell me that my son had made it.  They have spent some time at the temple grounds in DC - said the missionaries spend a little time alone in the wooded area of the grounds (he called it their own sacred grove) to make their personal commitment to the Lord for the next 2 years.  He said that they then feed them at IHOP - comment that my son made me proud.  Seth must have been good and hungry :)  They were back at the mission home & getting ready to take a nap.    President Matsumori asked if we knew about the mission blog & promised pictures up by the end of the week.  He thanks us as parents for preparing our son for this mission and said that he could tell Elder Stoor is a remarkable young man and ready for the work.  He said they don't take it easy on them and would put them right to good use.  I told him Seth is happiest when he is busy & he said that would not be a problem.    I thanked him for calling and asked him to take good care of my son.  Wow, the tears are already flowing - I thought this would get easier!
I'm so grateful for the calls & I know that we are being blessed already!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay for a call! Glad it came and glad he's doing great!