Friday, April 25, 2008

Pigs, Pigs, and more Pigs!!!

Weigh-in 2008



It's almost spring - O.K. not really, it is still snowing outside. I know it's supposed to be spring though, because the kids weighed in their 4-H hogs this last Saturday. Now you will probably really think I have lost my mind, but it is actually lots of fun. The pigs are always entertaining. They are a whole lot more like a dog than you would think. By the time the fair comes the first week of August, we are sick of pigs, but it is exciting when they are little. We weigh them in between 60-90 lbs, and by the first week of August they will weigh between 240-285 lbs. I guess that's why we call them pigs.




This is Seth with one of the biggest pigs this year. As you can see, he did not want someone carrying him around. He weighed in at 92 lbs. Seth has been great help this week - Jim had surgery last Wednesday on his shoulder and hand. Seth has been a trooper and covered his Dad's responsibilities without much complaint.







My kids think I'm nuts too, but I got a great new ringtone - sqealing pigs. It's now easy to hear my phone ring. I hate pictures of myself, but had to show how grown up my girls are getting. I may end up being the shortest one in the family.
I have to experiment with loading a video. We took plenty that day, Mara has a video project for school. I'm pretty sure no one else will have pigs!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that video was hysterical!! That poor little piggy was NOT happy!! - and I am the shortest in my fam - Addison loves that he is able to rest his chin on the top of my head!

Di~ said...

Hi Jill:
Thanks for visiting my blog! I've read yours and got tired1 j.k.
Looks like a great spot up there in good old Ashton town, where I grew up! I saw your brother this week! Look me up when you come this way! DES