Monday, April 7, 2008

Rexburg Temple Trip







We were able to make a quick trip to the Rexburg Temple open house on January 1, 2008. It was great to be there with family and let the kids have the opportunity to see the inside of a temple. It was a beautiful day, but freezing with the wind blowing - just like I remember Rexburg being. The campus has changed so much; I bet it has more than doubled in size. It was fun to go back and show the kids a spot or two where we lived and played in college. I'm hoping Mara was impressed - I would love for here to go to school there, but we'll see.

The temple is beautiful. There is wheat everywhere to represent eternal life. There are several beautiful paintings of the Teton mountains. The stain glassed windows are gorgeous, and of course the Celestial room is incredible. I took my young women from the ward back up latter and they were able to take us on a special tour to see the bridal room. It is an incredible temple!

No comments: