Saturday, August 23, 2008

Caribou County Fair 2008

O.K. ~ Seattle was great, but we had to rush home for the fair. You can't be a Stoor and not be involved in the fair! We got home from Seattle Monday night and left for the fair on Tuesday for swine weigh-in. I'm still not sure how we pulled this all off, but we did. The kids pigs all made weight - whew! They did the show on Thursday and the sale on Friday. The kids all got blue ribbons for showmanship and we got blues and reds on the pigs. Seth says the judge was prejudice. We had the only black pigs and they were always the first ones out of the ring. Oh well, they did great in the sale. Megan also got to sing the national anthem for the Demolition Derby and the Little Buckaroo Rodeo. She did a great job ~ I don't know how she does it ~ I'd be shakin' in my boots.



Mara was the reserve champion showman in swine. The grand champion chose not to participate in the round robin, so she jumped in and had a great time. For those who don't know fair terminolgy ~ the round robin is where the grand champion showman from each species have a competition and show all the animals. She got to show sheep,horse, steer, swine, dairy, and goat.




She won ~ Round Robin Champion 2008!!!

4 comments:

The Ozburn's said...

WOW!! Good Job Mara!! I am impressed!! Your horse is beautiful!! JanisÜ

Laura said...

Hey Jill, I saw your blog on Aimee Bovee's. I thought I would write to say hi. I don't know if you remember our family from Elko but we live in Las Vegas now. Our kids are growing fast! TorriLyn will be getting married in January. You can contact me at mamanurse06@yahoo.com or click on our blog. Lauralyn Shelley

Laura said...

Jill, it is great seeing your family and how big your kids are getting. My dad is still in Elko and was working for the mine that just closed, he was in the cement shop. I think now he will be working for KT Services. He can retire but works to keep busy. I'm gonna add your family to my blog so we can keep in touch! Lauralyn

Unknown said...

fun to see what you all have been up to!! Seattle looked like fun - girl's camp too!! and the fair! Addison has not gotten that involved with ours (yet) - he just goes to watch the rodeos and the GIRLS!!!