Sunday, November 9, 2008

Mom Moment

O.K., I had a mom moment today.  You know the moment when you come to tears and no one else seems to understand why.  I watched my son administer the sacrament today for the first time in sacrament meeting.  I was so impressed with him as he recited the sacrament prayer with such confidence and reverence.  I should have taken a picture of him on this historic day, but he just laughs at me now for shedding a few tears.  Last week we went to town and my dad ordained Seth a priest.  Brother Houseman from our ward was there and Bishop Taylor from Mom & Dads ward.  After the ordination, Bishop Taylor informed Seth that his grandparents had not had the opportunity to partake of the sacrament that day and he thought Seth should take care of that for them.  It was really great to watch Seth and his dad prepare and bless the sacrament for them.  Seth can make fun of his mom for the tears, but I think I'm allowed.  I'm blessed with a great son ~ I'll try to remember that next time he teases his sisters.  I love you Seth.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love those mom moments! Addison is always baffled when I cry over things like that - he thinks it's funny - congrats to your son on performing that most sacred act~ love this Church and that it gives these boys chances to perform priesthood duties even at so young of ages!