Sunday, July 19, 2009

Aunt Jan

I've been thinking a lot about my sister-in-law Jan this month. I can't believe it has been 13 years since cancer took her from us. Sometimes it feels like yesterday, and other times it seems like a lifetime ago. It was nice to be back in Elko and think about the good times that we had with Mike, Jan, and Jeremy while we lived there. Mike's new bride was a neighbor and good friend of Jan's - it was nice to be able to mention her name and not have Elaine be uncomfortable. Jan died when Megan was just 6 weeks old, and I had the opportunity to stay at their home and help Mike take care of her needs for her last couple of days of life. It was difficult, but I'm glad we were there and that I had that chance to be with her during those last few minutes of this life.

No comments: