Monday, July 27, 2009

My Flowers 2 "the sequel"

This is how I keep my sanity - out in the garden. I do love my flowers this summer - after the perenials are in a year or two they really shine. All the rain this spring has helped too - now I just have to keep everything from drying out the next few months. I may not know everything about gardening, but I enjoy getting out and digging a little in the dirt - and watering before it gets dark is my relaxation in the summer. Too bad Grays Lake summers are not just a little longer!

Bell Flowers (campunala)
Rock Cress - Star of David

Day Lily

The dianthis re-seeded from last year (white, pink, red) and the purple coneflowers will bloom next month - I hope!
More of the same with hens & chicks to the right and my black eyed susan in the back is looking good for next month too. The violas are everywhere - some consider them weeds, but I use them to fill in so I don't have to spent money at the nursery each year. I have spent a whopping $12.00 on plants this year - I love perenials!