Sunday, August 16, 2009

Purple Fingers are the Best!!

I just got off the mountain with my kids - I love it when the huckleberries are in season. Megan, Shelby & I went for a little while yesterday and hit the huckleberry patch I found late last fall on a 4-wheeler ride with Jim. Seth came with us tonight on Grandma's 4-wheeler. We left right behind Mara & Jim on their way to work. Maybe we shouldn't go on Sunday, but I get more quality time in with my kids than if we would have stayed home and they had their heads in the t.v. or computers. It is a beautiful spot on the mountain - I sat there tonight and looked down over the valley at my house and the trees around it. We live in a fantastic spot! We picked about 3/4 of a gallon in about an hour and a half. That doesn't sound like much unless you have picked huckleberries before. It was a very cold ride back - I'm just hoping the berries don't freeze tonight and we might get a chance to get a few more before they are done. We had a little fun with the ride home - I love hanging out on the mountain with my kids. I just with Mara & Jim could have come too. Jim took the camera to work or I would have some pictures to post. Maybe next time. Now what to do with all these berries - Yummy!!!

No comments: