Sunday, October 18, 2009

Busy Weekend

Just an update from the last few days - It has been busy.
Seth ran with the cross country team Wednesday afternoon in Preston - I wasn't able to be there again because of work, but Mara drove up from Logan and them brought him home so that he could make it to the volleyball team's senior night (can't imagine why he wanted to be there?
~ I'll have to do a post on that later). Shelby had a volleyball game that night in Bancroft also. I forgot to send the camera with Mara, so I have resorted to theft again. I hope Mr. Horsley doesn't mind ~ here is Seth on the Preston course:
This is the closest thing to a good birthday picture that I could muster. You should see the others ~ O.K. maybe not. Seth's sisters made him a pretty pink cake for his birthday. It will match his class ring when it comes!! We had a few little presents and a promise of a new pair of basketball shoes. I need to figure out when to take him shopping now.
If you don't understand how hard it is to get a good picture of Seth - here's proof:


He is driving me crazy - just give me a good picture every once in a while Seth!

Shelby had her friend Sierra out for the night Thursday night ~ I had to work the next morning and went to bed just before 11:00. I told the girls that they could stay up late to watch a movie as long as they were quiet. They had a busy night playing volleyball at the church and riding the 4-wheeler. Mara snapped these photos about 20 minutes into the movie ~ I guess they were a little more tired than they thought:


Shelby:

Sierra Woods:

Megi:

Seth, the girls & I went to watch the Soda-Grace football game & watched Soda barely win in overtime. I was disappointed that Mara wasn't there - she managed to come home for the weekend and be sick the entire time. She was able to get a prescription from Dr. Young and hopefully is doing better. Saturday morning Shelby's volleyball team had a game and we went to watch. Shelby is by far the tallest on her team:
Shelby serving:
It was a busy weekend topped off by driving to Soda on Sunday morning for Stake Conference. It was a great meeting - well worth the effort to drive to town on Sunday. That is a hard one for me since it is usually the only day I don't have to leave Wayan. Now on with the rest of our week ~ it doesn't seem like things will ever slow down. I just keep going and try to remember that my kids are growing up too fast and I don't want to miss it!


No comments: