Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Honors Night 2013

Honors Night was Monday at Soda Springs High School.  Both girls were invited to attend this year - Yeah!!  Jim & I went with them and enjoyed the night watching the kids be recognized for their accomplishments in the classroom this past year.  I didn't take the camera - DUH - but the snapped a few shots with the Ipad.  Apparently the girls did too!

Megan's yearbook award
Megan worked very hard on the yearbook this year - lots of hours working on her own pages & even more helping others learn how to put a good yearbook page together.  She had done well in her classes this year & I am proud of her for all her hard work.  She has already been asked to be a co-editor for the yearbook next year - she is so artistic &  has a real knack for making everyone's favorite page!  Nice work Megi!!

I think they were getting a little bored - what do you think?

Miss Smarty Pants Shelby got 4 awards!
 We are super proud of Shelby - must be some kind of gene mutation or something for us to combine and get a kid that has this kind of brain power - Ha Ha Ha.  She was awarded for top freshman in Ag & top freshman in English.  She also won two awards for her ISAT tests.  She blew everyone away with her 271 in Reading & scored top with a 256 in Language Usage - way to go Shelby!!!  She even got an Ipod shuffle for her top ISAT scores!!  Don't get me wrong - I think all my kids are brilliant in their own ways, but Shelby has sure figured out how to excel in her school work ~ and I think I have every right to brag a little!!

Cutest 2 girls at Honors Night - I love you both bunches!!

Best photo of the night!! - Way to bomb the photo Aunt Michele!!!!!!
It is pretty cool to go to honors night and see all of the kids recognized for their hard work through the school year.  Seems like we are always recognizing the athletes, which is cool, but what is really most important at school is supposed to be their education.  I'll get off my soapbox, and just say Way to go Cardinals who make your education a priority!!  Love my kids!!!!

No comments: