Monday, September 9, 2013

Huckleberries

Ahhh....my favorite place to go - headed toward the huckleberry patch.  The picking came early this year... first time I think we have started in July.  I didn't even go out after Labor Day this year.



As you can see from the stains on our hands...the hunt was successful:



We spent a little time scoping out some new patches this year...Mara went to extra effort down the steep bank & over the creek to find....nothing....haha!  You don't know unless you try.  We did find a new good sized patch that we will keep an eye on for next year.  It is just as you go up......LOL you thought I was going to tell your right?  I might take you there next year if it turns out to be good pickin!


Success...not as many as some years, but we picked enough to keep us in berries for the year.


As long as I don't make any more huckleberry pies for the ward auction!!!!!

No comments: