Wednesday, April 15, 2009


O.K., Here goes  - I’m sure you’ve figured out where we have been, but I’ll fill you in on details now.  About a month ago, Jim and I got the taxes done and were discussing which bills should be paid off first with the refund – like we do every year.  We got thinking about Mara’s upcoming graduation, and about how life at the Stoor home would just never be the same – this is our last year with all 4 kids under  the same roof – Tear, Tear, I know it sounds corny, but that is where I’m at in life and it is good, but sad at the same time.  We have always wanted to take the kids to Disneyland and never felt like we could afford it – still can’t, but went anyway.  Jim has always wanted to surprise the kids, a feat which I didn’t think we could pull off, but managed this time. Spring break was this weekend and we did a whole lot of scheming and flat out lying to the kids to pull it off.  Their cousin Katie and other friends helped us out with the plan.  Seth was planning a big date to the DNCFR and I had to call his friend Katie and ask her to play along like she was going on the date with him – she was a great sport and really played it up from what I could see. I owe her along with Katie & Gage for pretending to plan this big date.  Mara was asked to Prom – by two boys the day before we were supposed to leave, so we had to get that straightened out and get them answered – I’ll have to fill you in on that one later.  We got things planned and tickets bought, and were set for the trip.  We were on our way to pick up the kids at school and Jim gets a call from the district office saying that the schools were on lockdown.  We were able to pick up Mara and Seth at the high school, and Mara and I left to get Braden answered for the prom date.  Jim went to pick up Megan and Shelby at the middle school and Megan was in the office being interviewed by the police – I know – that was a little scary, but all turned out O.K., I guess.  She was won of the kids walking on the school yard for P.E. when they had some dummy yell threats out the window of the truck at them – thus the schools being locked down.   It seemed a little over the top for some, but I’m glad they were safe.  I told you this was going to be a novel – right?  We told the kids we wanted to have a real spring break and were headed to Las Vegas.  I think they were pretty thrilled and totally surprised.  Imagine their shock when Jim handed Mara the google directions to the motel and she read the directions to Anaheim, CA.  She picked it up really quick, but it took a minute for it to sink in to the rest.  That meant over 300 more miles, but they were willing for some odd reason.  We spent Thursday and Friday at Disneyland, Saturday at universal Studios and the beach (burr!), and Sunday until about 2:00 back at Disney.  Then we headed back to Vegas and walked the strip that night.  Monday we headed to see Hoover Dam and as I type this we are going through Salt Lake at 8:00 p.m.  It will be a late night, but totally worth it.  If you aren’t asleep already, I’ll let the pictures tell the rest of the story!!











1 comment:

The Ozburn's said...

You all look like you had a grand time!! My favorite place to go!!