Sunday, January 3, 2010

50th Wedding Anniversary

December 29, 1959
My parents were married 50 years ago.  I know it has been an emotional month for my mom - I knew she had this day on her mind and I felt like we should somehow acknowledge it, but didn't quite know how.  I spoke with the boys and they both agreed to meet us for dinner in Pocatello.  I was a little worried about how to bring it up with Dad (Larry), but he was great.  At our little dinner he made the comment that it is an eternal union and should be recognized - that made me love him all the more.  We picked up a bouquet of flowers for  Mom and I stole the wedding picture from mom's house and made the boys & me a copy.



Jim, Jill, Dad, Laura, Craig, Mom, Blake, Jodie

We had a nice dinner at Sizzler and just enjoyed visiting without kids ~ that doesn't happen very often in our family.  It would have been even better if Todd & Radene lived close enough to come.  This is one of those bitter-sweet days that are important to remember, but hard to think about at the same time.  When we spoke about celebrating with mom - she said "You would think after all these years that it wouldn't hurt so much, but it does."  I'm lucky to have such a strong and faithful mother, and I look forward to meeting daddy someday.  I'm also very blessed to have a second father in my life - Somehow, I just have to believe that the Lord will sort things like this out and they will all be blessed in the end. 50 years seems like a long time, but maybe Jim & I will be lucky enough to make it there together!

3 comments:

Amy said...

OH! I love your dad, too! What a great guy! I know Heavenly Father will work it all out in the end!

Jim Stoor said...

you'll be on your second or third marriage by that time

jjstoor said...

I just barely saw that - Jim you're a dork!