Friday, January 15, 2010

Cardinals vs. Bears


I'm a game behind on the Cardinal basketball updates - so here goes.  Bear Lake came to Soda to play last Friday night.  If you look back, when we went to Bear Lake we beat them soundly by over 20 points.  I think the Bears had revenge on their minds and the Soda boys were still thinking about Christmas.  Yep, they lost - a game they should have won.  Seth had a great night - I thought.  He ended up with 9 points, but the best part was his defensive play.  I know I'm his mom and I'm partial, but I heard lots of comments in the crowd too.  "Stoor is the only one out there defending the 3" - "Way to go Stoor"!  It's fun to hear other people recognize his efforts.  The final score was 43 Soda to 51 Bear Lake.

Last night was the first League game of the season - first one that really counts.  And boy did they make it count!    Malad came to town and Soda rolled over them.  It was a fun game to watch if you are a Soda fan.  Seth had a pretty good night - 7 points total scored.  His first shot was a 3 pointer - then he was actually going in for shots in the paint.  I was glad to see it!  He got fouled almost every time - made it to the foul line 3 times - made the last 2 in the second half.  So are you ready for the final score ........... Soda 71 Malad 37!!!!
Mercy ruled the Dragon - oh yeah!!!  West Side comes to town on Saturday night - I'm sure it is going to be a real battle.  I think they will be the 2 contenders for the district title.  Come watch ~ It's great fun!!

2 comments:

Bunderson Family said...

Great blogging Jill!!! I love reading your blog...especially loved post about your mom, and Larry is a good guy!! Fun to see basketball pics too...saw the one with Shelby and Sierra...cute! Hope to run into you soon!
Jenny

Laura said...

Jill, did you get the link to my new blog that I sent you on Facebook? Let me know if you didn't. Laura