Tuesday, October 12, 2010

More that 1 kind of education

O.K. - I lecture my kids all the time on how important school is, and we don't let them miss very often at all. It is a little easier to miss school before they reach high school, so the plan today was for Shelby to help us with the cattle. She talked her friend Sierra into coming with her and Seth announced to us that he made arrangements to be here to help also. I wasn't sure if that was a good idea, but we went with it - Megan was the only good kid that went to school today. Seth had been talking lately about becoming a veterinarian when he grows up. Jim mentioned to J.V. today that he thought it would be cool if Seth had the chance to preg-check a cow. For my city friends - you may not want to continue - gross pictures to follow! When there were just 3 or 4 cows left in the big bunch, J.V. looked at Seth and said " Get a glove on Seth" - I think my boy was a little shocked, but jumped right in - literally!





There are definitely things you can't learn in school - check out the future Dr. Stoor!!!

No comments: