Friday, July 16, 2010

So Grateful!

Jim & I were sitting around visiting at the school board summer barbecue the other night and one of the wives made a comment that really made me think.  I was a little stunned.  The district secretary is retiring in a few weeks & one of the wives at the party was advising her to spend time with her grandkids - they are moving to Utah because all of their kids live there.  She said she already planned on it - the 12 year old had already informed her to stopped texting him - it was not cool to get texts from his Grandma.  They then proceeded to talk about how their tenage grandchildren didn't want anything to do with them. That is just plain sad.  I'm so, so grateful for this wonderful lady:

My kids absolutely adore her (me too).  My nephew just returned from his mission & has been down to Grandma & Grandpa's house almost every weekend.  We went to a Jazz game a couple of years ago with my brothers family & the kids made signs to try and get on T.V. - guess what they say?  Yup - you guessed it  the signs read "Grandma - wish you were here!".  She know how to take care of her grandkids and they all feel her love and want to spend time with her.  I hope I can be that kind of Grandma someday - no rush, but I have a fantastic example to learn from!

No comments: