Saturday, July 10, 2010

Summer ball


Snake River Summer ball camp this past weekend - didn't take the camera, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Shelby & I went up with Seth & his friend Braden  Smith on Friday.  They boys played well - it is really going to be a different team this year - not sure if that is good or bad.  We played Firth(last years state champions) - lost by 1.  Then played Preston -  big school, and lost by 6.  Then came Butte county - can't remember the score, but I think we won by 12.  Seth played good & a whole lot.  I can't believe that there will only be about 5 seniors next year. When we were following them around the country in 5th grade there were 12 of them dying to play.

Saturday morning Shelby, Megan & I went with Seth.  They played Roy, Utah - huge school - in the first game.  It was unbelievable!!  I have to brag.  The game tied at the half and was close until the last few minutes.  We ended up losing 41-51, but the fun part was watching Seth shoot.  I have never seen him play like that - everything went it!  He made 26 out of the 41 points.  7 three point shots!!!!  That was fun!
After that we played A.F. - it wasn't even a challenge.  Seth got 2 three pointers right away.  I didn't count points in this game - it was a better team effort.  The boys were watching the Preston-Roy game more than their own game.  We ran out of gas for the last game with Snake River, but it was fun to watch some ball again - next week they play in Smithfield, UT.  Makes be all excited for Seth's senior season - that sounds crazy!!

No comments: