Friday, December 3, 2010

dining re-do

I've had the bug lately to paint and try to update the house a little ~ of course we don't really have a budget so it is a little at a time. Painting needs to be done anyway, so that is what I've been busy with lately. I'm no expert, but new paint feels good ~ I still have a ton to do, but I'm going to blog as I go. So here goes with the dining room first. Our living space is all open, so everything has to blend together. Here is the dining room before:



I've decided a few new flowers for the table might bring some lie into the room - 60 % off of fall flowers on clearance at Alco in an old vase that I spray painted:
I stole the plate holder from the kitchen and bought some cheap plates on clearance at Walmart. Then I got some old frames from storage and got out the black spray paint again:
Painted the little old stand from Jim's grandparent home:
This is the after ~ not a huge change, but a little change is a good thing:
The kitchen is next - I'm thinking red!!!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice job Jill! It looks great!