Monday, November 12, 2012

Back to the Gym

Well, it's that time of year again ~ my butt will be on the bleachers again at SSHS.  Part of me is excited & another part of me can't believe it is time again.  Shelby is excited to officially be wearing the Cardinals uniform.  It is a dream come true to be playing high school ball - so here comes another 4 years of basketball updates from mom.  

It was an exciting first night of basketball.  Shelby started on the C-team - all five starters were Freshman.  They were excited, nervous... all kinds of emotions.  They came out on fire - left me wondering if they were the same girls from TMS... LOL  don't be mad at me Shelby.  First game was against Sugar-Salem.  Halftime score was Soda 20 vs. Sugar 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shelby ready to catch a pass
Look at her post up

Can you tell she loves this game?

no foul right? 

give me the ball!

This one is for Seth - his coaches having a good time watching the game!


This one is for Seth too - keeping up the Stoor tradition :)


Final Score

Saturday night Bear Lake came to town.  We have always been pretty evenly matched with the Bear Lake girls, but not this time.  I mostly did video that night so check them out:





only 1 foul?  how does that happen?

Final Score
Crazy score right?  It was absolutely loop-sided & we were a little stunned!  Shelby had 10 points and I couldn't even count the assists - that is if you get to count an inbound pass to the guard who shoots immediately and assist.  It was a fun night, but I don't imagine we will see scores like that all season.  I will try to keep the blog updated, but who knows - we don't have another home game until December 5th, so lots of traveling coming up.  Good thing I like basketball!



1 comment:

Emmio said...

Ugh, this makes me miss high school! I always loved going and watching out team play basketball! And I so cannot believe Shelby is old enough to be playing for the cardinals...totally crazy!