Thursday, November 8, 2012

shipping day

It's that time of year again - time to ship the calves.  I got to stay home from work for the morning and go with Jim - it was chilly, but a nice day & things went well.  I took the camera along.  Too bad I don't really know how to run the thing - everything just looks blue.  It was a cold morning, but just beautiful.

Jim bringing in the last pair

the sun finally started coming up & melting the morning frost

everyone has a job to do - Sissy is helping too

Jim - counting as they make their way to the semi


waiting for her turn on the scale

Caribou is always picture worthy

the view toward home
It is nice to be able to go out to the company and spend a little time with the cows.  I sent these pictures to Seth & maybe that was a bad idea.  He gets homesick easily & I think I understand why.  There is something so peaceful about being so far away from town.  He is missing that a bunch lately & missing the solitude that comes with living on the ranch.  Can't say as I blame him - I love people, but I also like being alone.  Living in the country has its perks!

No comments: