Sunday, November 1, 2009

Girl's Day @ USU

The boys are in the hills chasing the elusive elk herd, so the girls and I headed to Logan to visit Mara and watch the Bridgerland Band Competition. We started the day off with a little house cleaning and a good visit with Phil & Vicki. They came for a quick trip to Mom & Dad's house - they brought my kids the new Orofino Maniac sweatshirts that you will see the girls wearing. We didn't make it to Logan until 1:00 because we I just kept talking - I don't get to see Phil very often. We met up at Mara's apartment with Mara, Shay, Jade, & Jenna. We decided that since it was such a nice day we would walk to the stadium - good idea, except it got cold when the wind started blowing and all our warm stuff was up on campus. Oh well, Blake saved the day and found coats & blanket in his car. We met Blake & Jodie in the stadium and enjoyed watching Katie & Colton in the band competition. I didn't get any pictures at the stadium, but Blake e-mailed a few so here goes:

It was a beautiful day

Way to go Madison!

Katie (my niece)

Colton (my nephew)

I thought Madison did an awesome job, but didn't earn any of the awards at the end. Oh well - the did have the coolest shiny hats in the place. Katie & Colton - I think you are awesome - they spent countless hours practicing for these competitions.
We decided to go for pizza after the competition - Blake & I couldn't remember the name, but there is a great little pizza place I remember going to as a kid. We found it - Fredrico's - Yummy! We had a nice little dinner with all the girls. They even had the attention of the kitchen staff as they played Y.M.C.A. on the jukebox and danced along. What silly kids! We then decided to go show a little of campus to the girls. It was a beautiful fall day - this leaves all over the ground.

The girls just couldn't resist.

Pictures on the famous "A"


and again!

the girls were explaining how to become a "True Aggie"

Blake has it all figured out!

on the steps of "Old Main"

It was hard to get a good shot, but this was my best one of the Logan Temple from campus.

After that we headed to visit with Tyron, Amber, Freeman, & Abby. Tyron is our nephew on Jim's side ~ they live in Logan and have the two cutest little kids you have ever seen. We visited at their apartment for a little while & then drove out to see Tyron at work. We just couldn't not go shopping so we hit Walmart at 9:00 at night and got Mara a few things she needed. I left her in tears and headed home - I thought it would get easier every time, but I think she is getting more homesick. We are all looking forward to Thanksgiving and a long Christmas break with Mara at home. It was a great day, but boy am I tired. This week is a full week of Elk hunting for the boys - which means lots of cooking for me. Maybe next weekend we can rest??

No comments: