Monday, November 23, 2009

Shelby's basketball

Shelby is playing in the Jr. Jazz program in Soda Springs.  These pictures are of her game on Saturday:





I don't know if you can see the grin, but she is guarding one of her best friends Bailie.


Emma tried her best to help me get a picture of Seth.


Grandma & Grandpa Petersen are some of Shelby's most devoted fans.





    
I can't get very good pictures of basketball, especially in this gym, but you get the idea.  It is fun to watch the girls learn, but a little frustrating also.  Seth can hardly stand it.  They have this rule that you cannot play full court - so if the other team gets the ball you have to cross the half court line before you can defend.  We have to keep reminding Shelby.  Saturday I yelled at Shelby to get back (again) - she turned to me and just stated that that is the most retarded rule ever.  It brought out quite a few giggles from the crowd.  It is all about learning and I can see great improvement over last year.  I think I spend more time in the gym than at home some days!

No comments: