Friday, December 11, 2009

Puttin up the tree

We went to get the tree on Thanksgiving day and put it up that coming Sunday.  Just a hint when you are putting up your tree:  Look up and see if there is a ceiling fan i the room that is on.  Yup - I forgot I had a ceiling fan in the dining room.  I put the tree right into it - no damage to the tree, but the fan was hanging by the electrical cords.  Duh!! Seth & Mara helped hold the fan up so I could get it screwed back onto the drop bar.  We cleaned it all up and finally got the tree in the stand.


cleaning up after mom


Sucess!!

The lights are finally on 2 weeks later and the decoration have been waiting for Mara to come home and help - this weekend it will finally be done.  I'm not sure it has ever taken 3 weeks to get the tree up - Oh Well, it looks good.  Now if I had some presents bought to put under it!

1 comment:

John, Michele and Fam. said...

That is why I have the wife put up the tree. She knows that there are things hanging from the ceiling and will not allow them to fall off, usually spider webs. Congrats on getting your tree in and when you get presents for yours, will you please get some for mine. My kids would appreciate that.