Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tree Gettin'

Thanksgiving day Jim had to work, so the kids & I spent the day at home - Cooking, Cleaning, & Cards!!  Just before dark, Mara had the grand idea to go get the Christmas tree.  It has not been Jim's favorite activity in years past, so I thought it sounded good.  We headed up Gravel Creek & could actually drive all the way to the campground.  We found a good tree a ways off the road and Mara & Megi cut it down:


Teamwork


Seth drove - he wasn't feeling good and didn't get out & get in the snow.


there go the girls to load the tree


Shelby & Rowdy showing off the loaded tree


This is Megi leaning out the window looking for the perfect tree.


thumbs up from Seth


Rowdy ended up by my feet


Silly girls in the back seat - sometimes they really do love each other!


just me on the way home to get the rolls in the oven
Days like this may just get me in the spirit of the Holidays - I haven't been too excited for the holidays, but spending time at home with my family is what I love most.


No comments: