Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Book of Seth

I finally talked Seth into going to the prom - or so he says.  Anyway - long story, but he asked a good friend with a corny little poem:
"Now that I have showered you with "flowers"
and "kissed" the ground you walk on,
I would feel like "100 grand" if you would go to Prom with me?

We put flowers in her car along with candy kisses and 100 grand bars - they threw the candy everywhere in the car.  Four of them had the letters of his name stuck to them.  I know it is cheesy - even Seth admits it.  Her response was great - I think she had a little help from Bro. Hegemann(seminary teacher).  Seth got to class and Bro. Hegemann gave him 2 glue ins(little cards he gives them that they glue into their scriptures to aid study).  This is what they read:

Seth 1:5 "Cheesy Pickup Lines"
Do you believe in love at first sight or do you need me to walk by again?
Do you have a band aid?  Cause I scraped my knee falling for you!
I lost my phone number, Can I have yours?
Is there an airport nearby or is that just my heart taking off?


Seth 1:5 "More Cheesy Pickup Lines"
Are you lost? Because heaven is a long way from here.
Do you have a map?  I keep getting lost in your eyes.
Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?
Excuse me, but I think I dropped something ... My jaw!
If I could rearrange the alphabet I'd put U and I together.
Are you a parking ticket? Because you have fine written all over you.

Too cute, huh - someone else thought his poem was "cheesy".  Then I didn't get the whole story, but I think this next section was in his scriptures - The Book of Seth!


The Book of Seth
Chapter 1
In this chapter you will find the answer to a
question you have asked - Pray with
sincerity!
  1. And now my brethern, ye have searched the scriptures.
  2. And behold, ye have been spiritually edified.
  3. To find the answer to the question thou has asked to a certain senior girl.
  4. Year ye must pray, with full intent, expressing the desires of thy heart.
  5. Or you can just ask Brother Hegemann!
  6. And it came to pass that the answer was... 
Bro. Hegemann then brought Seth a box of donuts - they spelled out YES.  Very creative I thought.  Seth was not sold at the idea of going to prom a week ago, but I think it will be lots of fun, and you just can't skip your JR. Prom right?

No comments: