Monday, April 12, 2010

Uncle Wayne's funeral

Uncle Wayne passed away last Tuesday.  He has been suffering for so long now that I think there was a sense of relief that came for all.  It was a wonderful service to honor his life - lots of tears and laughter.  Those are the best kind of funerals - a celebration of his 88 years of life!  His family provided the whole program and I thought it was a great tribute to their dad.  My dad was asked to dedicate the grave - and the American Legion did a graveside service.  When taps was played, it was a bit emotional.  Uncle Wayne has performed that service for his fellow veterans for years.  The 8th ward provided a dinner back at the church & my brother Blake made sure we got some photos:  Thanks Blake!
Matt, Ed, Andy, Jill, Craig, Todd
Phil, Dad, Mom, Blake

all of us kids, except Heather


Aunt Pete (Iva Lou), Uncle Verl, Dad

I love this family picture!
Doyle, Scott, Ron
Diane, & Aunt Elda with Uncle Wayne's picture

It was a great day to be with family and catch up - I thought it was great of my brothers to make the effort to be there to support Dad.  I wish we were able to spend more time, but we take what we get.  Uncle Wayne loved the song that was sung at his funeral - so here's to you Uncle Wayne - Go rest high on that mountain!

No comments: