Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Old Faithful Inn

This is one of my favorite places in the world:

Isn't it just beautiful - I'm not sure why I feel such a connection with this building. Jim thinks I had some great love affair while he was on his mission - sorry to disappoint, but I didn't. I did work in this awesome building from May to August of 1987. I mostly cleaned toilets - real glamorous right. I was the night maid for the last month - that just means I cleaned up messes and delivered pillows & cribs. It just amazes me that they built this incredible building so many year ago. I mean look at it:

This a close up of the crow's nest sign: I did get lucky enough to go up on top once with the bellhops to put the flags up - awesome sight, but scary height.
My girls wandered around with me and saw a few of the sights.

This shot is off the second floor mezzanine - the building is just amazing!

The cool old clock on the fireplace - I thought they had it working again, but I guess not. Jim bought me a book about the inn - now I just need more time to read up on all this.
This is one of the cool carriage doors at the front entrance - love the red dooor.
My girls checking out the view from the outdoor mezzanine - they had a front row view, but we left and went to watch Old Faithful with all the other thousands of people on the boardwalk.
I need to sit and read the book we bought. I don't know all the histories or stories that go along with the building, but I just love walking in that door and looking up. They say you can always tell a first time visitor because they strain their necks, but I do it everytime. I just love walking in those doors and seeing the sun shine in the rafters!

No comments: