Monday, September 27, 2010

Oneida Narrows

Saturday night after Jim & Seth had chased cows all day & I had been at work, we took off to see Monica & Russell (Jim's sister & hubby) new property. We took the camper & 4-wheeler. They have bought 7 1/2 acres up on a mountain above the Oneida narrows, just north of Preston, ID. They are up there with all the other folks from Utah wanting a place to get away. I think they are just remembering that they are really just "Idaho hicks" at heart. It is a beautiful spot clear up high - this picture shows the spot that they have just carved out of the mountain to eventually put in their cabin. Check out that view:

We are all checking out the new spot & hearing about their plans - it will be a few years - one project at a time:

This is the view from where the cabin will be:

I'm just scouting out the steep hillside - it reminds me a whole lot of where my parents live.
The boys headed out for a ride:
Monica & her good friend Karen - Karen & Bill were up for the day too - they were really fun to visit with:
Shelby likes driving:
Check out Monica's new PINK fishing vest - I think I might have to learn how to fish!

Seth - his new phone keeps him entertained - I don't know about all the girls texting him - LOL
Megan deep in thought - had to get that on film - just kidding Megi!
The fall colors were just beautiful:

We headed north through the narrows on our way home - lots of pix:




Wild Turkeys!!!

The sun was setting just as we were driving into the valley:
It was nice to have a little get away - They have a neat little spot up in the hills. I told Jim that I thought it was neat, but we don't need a cabin in the woods - we just need more time at home to enjoy the quiet where we get to live!