Sunday, February 13, 2011

District Cheer Comp

Let's just say - I thought basketball was hard to film - cheerleading is harder.  The SSHS cheerleaders went to the Fifth District Competition this past Saturday.  Seth, Shelby & I made the trek to Pocatello to watch.  Seth was a good sport - he is not a big fan of these things.  I'm not quite sure why - think about it - 200 girls out there dancing just for you - DUH!  It should be a boy's dream.  Anyway,  the cheerleaders started out with stunt groups.  Megan's group was put together in just about a week.  She wasn't really happy after their performance, but I thought they did great:

See, I told you they did good!  The best part is that all five girls on this stunt team are Freshman.  They have several years to improve and learn more - I am looking forward to a fantastic cheer team when Megan is a junior and senior.

Next up is the sideline cheer - Soda placed 4th:

I'm having a hard time getting the videos to load, so I'll finish the other 2 later and post these for now.
Great Job SSHS Cheer Squad - looking forward to lots of cheering through the district & state tournaments for basketball & then Cheer State in March!

No comments: