Thursday, September 17, 2009

LOTOJA 2009

O.K. ~ I think my oldest brother may be just a little off his rocker, but he has been training to ride the LOTOJA (Logan, UT to Jackson Hole, WY). It is a 206 mile race - I'm sure mostly uphill. I wish I could have joined my kids to cheer him on, but it's harvest you know. Seth, Meg, & Shelby drove over to Alpine, WY to cheer him on a little. Way to go Uncle Phil - you are an inspiration. The following is what he posted on our family website:

We made it! Lotoja was yesterday, and we rode the whole 206 miles! The best moment of the day, however, was coming into Alpine and find some of my best fans cheering me on. It made my whole day to see Seth, Megan, and Shelby there with their sign! They are the best ever! (Sorry I couldn't stay longer, Seth, Megan, and Shelby!)

2 comments:

gbpckrs said...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! I have ALWAYS wondered what LOTOJA was as I have seen it numerous times on the windows of vehicles. (Probably the ones with bike racks if I really think about it) DUH!! Sounds like an amazing ride and one thing in life that I aspire to NEVER do! :)

Amy said...

WHAT WAS SETH DRIVING FOR?!?!?!? I still have a hard time with how big your kids are getting! That was sweet of them driving over!