Saturday, September 12, 2009

Wayan Traffic

This is my favorite kind of traffic. I headed to town about 7:15 this morning and ran across this pair around Beavertail point. They were thinking about crossing the road & I remembered that I had thrown in the camera. She was a healthy looking moose & I'm guessing this is last years calf - maybe, I think I remember hearing they keep their calves for 2 years.

It was a beautiful morning - you can see the sun hitting the mountains on the west side:
I tried to zoom in a little, but it isn't quite as clear:

This one is funny - the calf thought it was hiding behind mom:

They finally decided to go around me so they could cross the road:
It was pretty cool watching them from so close - gotta love this part of living in the sticks - I do.




No comments: