Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Old Gray Mare

This is Chip - better known as "Hallie's daughter".
My brother-in-law snapped these photos while we hung out at Mom & Dad's for the family reunion. There were a whole lot of other good pictures, but I think these are some of my very favorite.

Chip is an appolosa. She started out this life looking rather red - in fact solid red with a little white strip if I remember right. She was a cute little thing - I never thought she would look just like her momma. If I didn't know better, I would say these pictures are of good old Hallie.

I know it's not very attractive, but this is a fantastic shot - it shows kind of how I feel today - after a long day of harvest at the elevator!
Dad keeps telling us that he is going on a ride - I hope he can soon, but just having Chip out in the pasture seems to make him happy. Maybe this year he will let us take her home and feed her for the winter - who can resist that face?



No comments: