Thursday, November 18, 2010

Old Faithful

I got looking at my posts and saw that I never published this one - it's a little old, but I just love the picture of Jim & my kids - Enjoy!

Once again the summer is over and we felt like we didn't get much time together as a family. Jim suggested a runaway on the Sunday of Labor Day and Yellowstone was the destination again this year. It is a long day, but we live close enough to swing it - sort of. We headed out in the morning and started with breakfast in Alpine - Yum. We got to the park and headed straight to my favorite place - Old Faithful. We came into the valley just as the geyer was finishing up so we waited the all the other thousands of people to watch the geyser. My favorite part is watching the oohs & aahs and the cameras go up when it just starts to spit a little.


Now this is the best view of Old Faithful I got - I love these people!
After we watched Old Faithful, we wandered around the new visitors center and then took a chilly walk around some of the geyser basin. It is fun just to wander and watch the crazy people.

It was a great day - I love having a runaway with this bunch!







No comments: