Sunday, November 28, 2010

Til the Cows come Home

The day after the blizzard, we brought the cows home. The plan was to bring them home the Monday after Thanksgiving, but the storm changed everything. Check out how they rounded them up~ snowmachines:


Grandpa rode of course ~ with his faithful Sissy by his side.


It was dang cold ~ 0 with the wind blowing:

On the highway, I was in front flagging:
My view:

Waiting at the ranch - check out the sun going down as the storm started again:

Almost home:

Success!
It was so dang cold, I can't even describe it. I'm sure a couple of the guys had frostbite. They are a tough bunch to be out in that bitter cold all day; I was freezing just getting in and out now and then. Seth was able to make it home & was a huge help to his Grandpa. I'm sure Jim was going crazy because he couldn't get home & had to work during the day. The cows were glad to get home and get a bite of hay. We actually had to get the team and sleigh out. I asked how many times they had to feed with the sleigh before Thanksgiving~the answer was never. I sure hope this isn't an indicator for the rest of the winter!

No comments: