Sunday, November 28, 2010

pies &snow

What do you do when they close the road because of a blizzard - bake of course! Tuesday morning the highway was closed, so I got to stay home with my kiddos~except, Jim was stuck in Wyoming (first time in the ten years living in Wayan that he couldn't make it home), Seth had gone to play at a jamboree and was stuck in town, and poor Mara was stuck in Logan while all her roommates got to go home. It would have been wonderful if all six of us were stuck together. Anyway, I should have finished painting the kitchen or cleaned house, but baking pies sounded like more fun. Here is my advertisement for DeMarle:~the Roulpat is great:

~the roulpat is great~

2 pumpkin~2 apple~2 ruhbarb

It was an absolute blizzard all day and into the night so I got to do my best to dig us out the next morning~yes to my city friends, that is me on the tractor. Megan took a couple of pictures while I was blowing snow:



I can't believe that I am putting this one on the blog - I look like a geek with the face mask, but it was dang cold!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy smokes!!! It gets cold where you are!!! You do NOT look like a geek - you look smart!!! Stay warm there chickie!!! Brrrr.......

Bunderson Family said...

I love this post!! I can't believe I wish we lived out there!! I still do, although, I am sure i would be sick of the snow about mid January!!! or Maybe December Second!! Merry Christmas!!

Jill said...

Thanks girls - Jenny, I hear you have some news to share?